Does your cups clean up after itself?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 6 12:04:26 UTC 2006

Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 22:23 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Oct 28 was when this machine was upgraded to FC6, and it's been rebooted
>> several times since then. Looks like cups doesn't clean up after itself.
>> Before I bugzilla this, can anyone look into their /var/spool/cups to see if
>> cups cleans up its files?
>
> The default is to preserve job history.  If you would rather not
> preserve job history, set the 'PreserveJobHistory' directive
> appropriately in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
>
> Tim.
> */

Using 'info cupsd.conf', I see the reference to PreserveJobHistory and
set this to no. Being that I really do not know what I'm doing with the
file, will adding this entry to the end of the file be appropriate or is
there a specific place to set this entry?

Thanks,
Jim
--
I've got a very bad feeling about this.