Yum gpg keys -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Dec 6 14:14:13 UTC 2006

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Where can I find a list of gpg keys and instructions for installing them?
>>
>> My temporary solution to the problem is simply disabling the gpg check
>> as I run into the problem with livna, dries, etc.
>> I would prefer to have everything working properly.  I believe I found a
>> page that had them all once but I seem to have lost that information and
>> google has not been much help.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>

> You can find the keys on the ISO image, or on any of the mirror
> sites. Look for files like:
>
> RPM-GPG-KEY
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
>
> You install them using rpm --import as root.
>
> rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
>
> Some (all?) repositories have an RPM that installs the key for the
> repo and installs the necessary file to use them.
>
> Mikkel

Thank you for the help.  I think I was able to get a Livna key installed
but just finding a list seems to be a problem.  I should thin they all
should be available from one place rather than the complicated mess I
have to deal with.

for instance google took me to the following:

]# rpm --import http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-dries.txt
error: http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-dries.txt: import read
failed(-1).
Segmentation fault
Yet I can find the key as a text file at that address and could copy it
if I could find where GPG keys are  filed.  The yum man page says
nothing about keys and I couldn't "locate" any yum GPG key files.  There
must be some because yum works for routine updates?

Why is this so difficult?   Is it just me?

Bob Goodwin