/usr/include/bits/initspin.h empty?

vincent stay vincent.stay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 00:14:46 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm using a fedora 6 installation which I upgraded from fedora 5. I'm trying
to run a cadence tool (NCSC) which comes with its own gnu compiler but it
seems to need this file (/usr/include/bits/initspin.h) and mine says "No
thread support". ncsc seems to need a LOCK_INITIALIZER to be defined in this
file. Any ideas what's wrong? Under a redhat setup I have this include file
has the right stuff in it but I'm really hesitant to go through another
install cycle on this machine not to mention the expense. Where does the
/usr/include/bits/initspin.h come from and why is mine currently saying no
thread support ? My current setup seems to like the dual core cpu I have.

Thanks.