/bin/sh: ro: No such file or directory Kernel panic - not syncing; Attempted to kill init

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 7 11:39:14 UTC 2006

Filip Tsachev wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Unfortunately I have a big problem with FC6 as you can see in the topic...
> It's 100% reproducible at my box. What I've done was - install FC6,
> then I installed with yum kmod-nvidia - which required newer kernel
> package as well. Reboot. Then I receive this *very* fatal error. I can't
> boot even with the older kernel. I find it strange.. how can this
> happed... I googled all over the web without feeling lucky. Any idea or
> suggestion would be really appreciated.
>
> Screenshot: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4736/image018pu4.jpg
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Filip

Since /bin/sh is part of bash and should be available if your / volume
is mounted, it appears that your / system is not being mounted.

Have you tried to boot into rescue mode with the first install medium
disc for Fedora?

Not much help  I know.
Jim

--
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
		-- Herbert Hoover