F-Prot update problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Dec 7 18:01:10 UTC 2006

Can someone tell me how to respond to this error message?  I've
installed f-prot numerous times and never had a problem requiring CPAN
which I am not familiar with?

/usr/local/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl

Error: Unable to include perl module: 'HTTP::Request'.
Please install this module and try re-running this script.
(Hint: man CPAN)

Fatal error. Exiting...

That normally updates the virus files.

I have installed f-prot on a new FC6 system and have been messing with
it for a while but this problem seems to remain no matter what I do.
This last time I removed all traces [that I found] and reinstalled from
an rpm they provide on their site.

Bob Goodwin