FC5->FC6 upgrade broke my sound

Don Levey lug at the-leveys.us
Thu Dec 7 20:10:38 UTC 2006

While I know other similar issues have been discussed recently, I've not
found in them a solution to my problem.  I've got through over 40,000
messages in the past day or so, so I hope I didn't miss anything...

Sound on my AC97 was working just fine through FC5.  When upgrading to
FC6, though, I get nothing.  It *thinks* it is playing: the equalizer
visualisation in Amarok shows it is playing sound,
system-config-soundcard finds my card, but I can't hear anything.

I know that the hardware itself works; booting off of a kubuntu LiveCD
gives me sound.  I know enough to know that I don't know enough; here is
a link to output from:
	lsmod | grep snd
	lspci
	dmesg
as well as my modprobe.conf file.  Where else should I look?
http://www.the-leveys.us:6080/problems/sound/

 -Don Levey