Why no gksudo/gksu package - FOLLOWUP

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Dec 7 20:34:24 UTC 2006

William Case wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 13:37 -0500, William Case wrote:
>> Ok Todd, your on.

I've got half of gksu (libgksu) built for FC6 already and gksu is
winding it's way through the build process as I type.

I'm not always patient enough to wait for the starting gun. :-)

>>> I'm not any sort of expert on using zenity and don't want to make
>>> you rehash stuff that's been hashed over on the list already, but
>>> if you have a pointer to those threads I'd be curious to try and
>>> see if it could be made to work.  It would be reinventing the
>>> wheel somewhat though, as this is precisely what gksu is intended
>>> to do.
>>
> zenity should need no experise -- it is so simple.

You underestimate my ability to miss the basic things.

> I didn't state clearly:  "Yes, let's build a gksu and a gksudo
> package for Fedora Extras."

Cool.  I will post some packages when I get them built and then we can
pick through the process piece by piece if you like.  Perhaps that's
best done in private mail to avoid cluttering up the list.

The more laws, the less justice.
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero "De Officiis", 44 B.C.