Can't resolve network names with PPP/DUN connections

Mark A. Miller mamillerpa at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 00:42:49 UTC 2006

Rick, thanks for the reply.  I can't believe I made a major typo in my
first post to a new newsgroup.  You were so polite!

I should have said:

I couldn't find a /etc/ppp/resolve.conf, so I do this instead:

# cat /var/run/ppp/resolv.conf > /etc/resolv.conf

/var/run/ppp/resolv.con has the correct structure and valid
nameservers.  I'll try the rest of your suggestions and get back to
you.

Mark A. Miller