Kernal panic and crash dump help

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Dec 8 06:03:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am having a problem with a new fc6 machine panicking whenever I try to switch
runlevels from runlevel 5.

I am trying to get a crash dump so I can file it in bugzilla and hopefully
figure out what is going on. I tried the netdump package but found a bz that
says that no longer works on fc6 and to use kdump. So I followed the
instructions (at least I think I am) here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/?FC6KdumpKexecHowTo in an attempt to capture the
dump.

The problem is when I get to the part that says do "service kdump start" I get
the following error:

[root at tigger2 ~]# service kdump start
Overlapping memory segments at 0x1460000
sort_segments failed
[root at tigger2 ~]#

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com