dmraid

dexter ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 07:18:45 UTC 2006

On Fri December 8 2006 01:48, Hadders wrote:
> Hi people,
>   Well, now I'm confused.  I've got my SATAII disks in, configured the
> container in the Intel BIOS, set it up as RAID 0, can see it in Windows,
> but not sure what's going on in Linux.
>
> I've run --
>
>  > dmraid -s
>
> *** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
> --> Subset
> name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
> size   : 1250275846
> stride : 256
> type   : stripe
> status : ok
> subsets: 0
> devs   : 2
> spares : 0
>
>  >   dmraid -ay
>
> ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such file or
> directory]
>
>  >  dmraid -r
>
> /dev/sda: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0
> /dev/sdb: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0
>
>  > dmraid -ay -f isw
>
> RAID set "isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0" already active
> ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such device or
> address]
>
>  > dmraid -s
>
> *** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
> --> Active Subset
> name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
> size   : 1250275846
> stride : 256
> type   : stripe
> status : ok
> subsets: 0
> devs   : 2
> spares : 0
>

> In short, I'm not really sure what's going on. Nor do I know how to
> access the conatiner?
> Why am I getting the "dos" error?
> The partitions are on the container are:
> P1 48GB > NTFS
> P2 48GB > NTFS
> P3 100MB > ext3
> Logical container
> L1 100GB > FAT32
> L2 300GB > NTFS
> L3 97GB > ext3
> L4 3GB > swap
>
> Thanks for any help people can provide. H
hi H
I may not be able to help much but whats the output of
ls -la /dev/mapper
you should see all the partions detected at boot-up.
I use dmraid on this box and it just works :-) from the initscripts and an
fstab entry, my hardware is different from yours but dmraid -l says yours
should also just work. :-)

...dex