dmraid

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Fri Dec 8 08:44:04 UTC 2006

dexter wrote:
> On Fri December 8 2006 01:48, Hadders wrote:
>
>> Hi people,
>>   Well, now I'm confused.  I've got my SATAII disks in, configured the
>> container in the Intel BIOS, set it up as RAID 0, can see it in Windows,
>> but not sure what's going on in Linux.
>>
>> I've run --
>>
>>  > dmraid -s
>>
>> *** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
>> --> Subset
>> name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
>> size   : 1250275846
>> stride : 256
>> type   : stripe
>> status : ok
>> subsets: 0
>> devs   : 2
>> spares : 0
>>
>>  >   dmraid -ay
>>
>> ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such file or
>> directory]
>>
>>  >  dmraid -r
>>
>> /dev/sda: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0
>> /dev/sdb: isw, "isw_cibehjbdcg", GROUP, ok, 625142446 sectors, data@ 0
>>
>>  > dmraid -ay -f isw
>>
>> RAID set "isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0" already active
>> ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0[No such device or
>> address]
>>
>>  > dmraid -s
>>
>> *** Group superset isw_cibehjbdcg
>> --> Active Subset
>> name   : isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0
>> size   : 1250275846
>> stride : 256
>> type   : stripe
>> status : ok
>> subsets: 0
>> devs   : 2
>> spares : 0
>>

>> In short, I'm not really sure what's going on. Nor do I know how to
>> access the conatiner?
>> Why am I getting the "dos" error?
>> The partitions are on the container are:
>> P1 48GB > NTFS
>> P2 48GB > NTFS
>> P3 100MB > ext3
>> Logical container
>> L1 100GB > FAT32
>> L2 300GB > NTFS
>> L3 97GB > ext3
>> L4 3GB > swap
>>
>> Thanks for any help people can provide. H
>>
> hi H
> I may not be able to help much but whats the output of
> ls -la /dev/mapper
> you should see all the partions detected at boot-up.
> I use dmraid on this box and it just works :-) from the initscripts and an
> fstab entry, my hardware is different from yours but dmraid -l says yours
> should also just work. :-)
>

> ...dex

output says

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root      80 Dec  8 16:42 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root    4600 Dec  8 16:42 ..
crw-------  1 root root  10, 63 Dec  8 16:04 control
brw-rw----  1 root disk 253,  0 Dec  8 16:42 isw_cibehjbdcg_RAID0

So you run dmraid at startup through the Init scripts?  what are the
init commands you are using?  Do you boot off this array?