PHP 5 upgrade with mysql suport

alfa05r-estudos at yahoo.com alfa05r-estudos at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 20:42:09 UTC 2006

Hi everyone

I'm making one of my final projects for college, a site with php and mysql in linux.
I want to make an upgrade from PHP 5.1 (FC4 instalation default) to PHP 5.2 with mysql 5.0.27  support (the version in my FC4/mysql 5 server).

After a lot of studing. I'm with a few doubts in the extra parameters.

Right now the installation of FC4 have Apache 2 and PHP 2 (default installation)
i already have two directories one with  PHP 5.2 tar.gz and the other with mysql rpms. What i want to know is this:
1 - what i have to install for the  mysql, the client? the 'shared' rpms?
Do I just uncompress in a directory and point the --with-mysql= /directory... ?
which one?
2 - for a basic site, do i need any extra parameter for the PHP .configure?
3 - if you have any links, please let me know.

For now i will began developing my site in a windows environment (Apache, PHP,Mysql), but I have to make the final presentation in linux.

Tanks in advance

   AR