phpMyAdmin Administatration

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 8 22:45:14 UTC 2006

 >Okay there should be a file called config.sample.inc.php in the
 >phpmyadmin top level directory.  You can change that file name to
 >config.inc.php, and you can make your modifications in there and that
 >should do ya, I've never used the setup script either, it takes about
 >30 seconds to put the information in the config file to get phpmyadmin
 >to work.

Yes, and that method works, although I don't know what a quarter of the
settings are for, and that's the reason for trying to get the setup
script to work. It almost does, but I cannot save anything. Somewhere in
  the settings, it should allow me to create databases but damned if I
can figure it out from the settings...

 >As to your actual issue, you might want to try
 >chown -R nobody.nobody config/

Nope! That does not work either....