tuxtype2 doesn't launch -Solved, Finally! hooray

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 9 14:42:17 UTC 2006

Ed Landaveri wrote:
> Again many,  many thanks to Andy, Brian, Teica and Theo. Sorry I
> couldn't keep on working on this before but I was very busy and my
> little customers were playing GCompris. Finally I resolved the tuxtype
> not starting problem --Segmentation Fault.
> Teica told me to check glx which was installed and enabled. So I got a
> hunch on my xorg.conf which I had reconfigured to what it was on FC5 The
> monitor is as LCD Generic, so I modified the driver from r128 which is
> the right one to 'radeon'. I rebooted and it didn't go to X but to
> system-config-display and I left the default monitor detected, CMXYZ,
> left the right driver r128 and started with 800x600. My daughter logged
> in and * started tuxtype2 -d &, and It worked she loved it. After 15
> minutes I went back to the 1024x768 and still is working. My little one
> though strugling with her tiny fingers but happy to learn. Definetly
> she's a Linux girl. Here is my xorg.conf:

Ed,
I had problems trying to launch tuxtype2 before and just tried launching
the program and it successfully launched. I don't know if it is the
configuration or the program maintainer straightened out the problems
with the program. I made no changes to the configuration for X or any
other system changes.
Anyway, the little fingers all over the world will be happy with the
program working again.

Jim

--
Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.