opera

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:15:45 UTC 2006

On 09/12/06, roland <roland at cat.be> wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 13:38:27 +0100, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody knows how to move mail from opera winXP to opera fedora.
> > What I did:
> > I copied the dir from winXP
> > Documentsandsettings/mylogin/applicationdata/opera/mail
> > fedora
> >  /home/mylogin/.opera/mail
> >  But this does not work.
> >  opera fed : ver 9.02
> > opera winxp: ver 9.02
> >  I don't know about Opera 9, but Opera 6&&7 used the mbox format for
> > storing mail (yes, on windows!). You should be able to copy those.
> > Check that there are no subfolders for config files and whatnot- you
> > may be actually copying the mail but the client doesn't know to
> > associate it with any account.
>
> The mbox works, but then you need to have a working windows partition,
> because you have to click on every item of your mailbox(=sent, inbox, aso)
> to save it in mbox format.

What do you mean to click on them? What do you think that clicking on
them does that changes them to mbox?

> My mswindow partition reboots all the time, but I can get the mail copied
>  from the linux partition. I copied the mail dir to another opera
> installation, without result.
>
> Maybe the copy was corrupt?

Partitions don't reboot. Operating systems reboot. What symptoms are
you experiencing, that you think that the partition is rebooting?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/111/cars.php
http://dapot.com