recent wine crashes fc6 sessions

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 10 01:45:41 UTC 2006

Kim Lux wrote:
> I use wine to run a simple DOS program (sreccvt.exe) that converts a
> file from one format to another.  (Its more complicated than that, but
> I'll leave it at that.)  I've been using this combination for a couple
> years now without any problems.
>
> I recently went to use it and found that it crashes my fc6 session cold.
> I don't get any output from the crash and I can't find anyway to get it
> either.
>
> For example, running "wine sreccvt.exe" will kick me out of my current
> session, back to the graphical login screen !

You might check /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old when you are logged back in. The
/var/log/Xorg.0.log will be of your current session.

If you are using a NVidia driver, you might want to see the thread on
NVidia sucks again. The person has the expalanation and resolution.

Jim
--
"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
-- Cal Keegan