Installing Firefox 2.0

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 10 02:24:48 UTC 2006

Les wrote:
> Hi, guys,
>    Just the noob again.  I have the firefox2.0.tar.gz file.  However
> there is no install script that I can find.  Nor is it and RPM, so how
> do I install it?  The firefox.org website for installation says:
> Installing Firefox 2
> Please note that installing Firefox 2 will overwrite your existing
> installation of Firefox. You won't lose any of your bookmarks or
> browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might
> not work until updates for them are made available.
>
> DUH!!! I'm sorry, but this is not helpful, at least to me anyway.  So,
> please take pity on the poor noob and provide some guidance on what I
> need to do.
>
>   I did do a feedback email to the firefox website, but I expect ya'll
> will be faster and more thorough for a noob.
>
> Thanks,
> Les H

The developer for Firefox posted this message and link to experimental
firefox 2 packages. The link has a link of where the RPMS reside.

http://people.redhat.com/caillon/RPMS/fc7/

Being that there is a repo directory, you might be able to setup this as
a repository.

Jim

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firefox2

--
People disagree with me.  I just ignore them.
	-- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel