nvidia sucks again ! Was recent wine crashes fc6 sessions

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Dec 10 14:31:59 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman <netllama <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On 12/9/06, Tom Horsley <tomhorsley <at> adelphia.net> wrote:
> > (I'm still waiting for google to buy nvidia and take the driver
> > open source .
>
> Life must be nice in this fantasy land of yours.

Google buying out NVidia and freeing their driver might be fantasy, but here in
real world, there's this:
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/
It isn't ready for end users yet, but soon it will be. They already have
glxgears running for some NVidia cards.

I'd not buy an NVidia card now, but when Nouveau will work, why not?

        Kevin Kofler