Unable to launch application - Adobe Acrobat Reader

Sudheer napolean.bonaparte at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 21:50:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I downloaded AdobeReader_enu-7.0.8-1.i386.rpm from Adobe.com and
installed on my FC6 system. I'm not able to open the application. When I
click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader on the menu, nothing happens. When I
run the command acroread on the terminal I get the following error:

expr: syntax error

I get the following message when I do rpm -qa|grep Adobe
AdobeReader_enu-7.0.8-1

I have password protected PDF document. Other PDF document viewers are
not able to open it.

Can somebody help me install and run Adobe Acrobat Reader on my FC6
system?

With Warm Regards,
Sudheer