How to setup 56K dailup connection.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 11 03:41:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 17:38 +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> I setup 56k modem connetion with kppp.  It is now working.  But I
> can't make it connected automatically at boot. "system-config-network"
> has this option.  Unfortunately I can't make it to work.

Are you really sure you want to do that?  It'd making booting take
longer to complete, and can be a pain if the connection can't be made.

You could have an "ifup ppp0" type of command issued post-boot, if you
wanted to automatically dial-up any time the computer was booted.

--
Test running FC6 & FC5, and still using FC4.
I delete all private mail, unseen.  I read from the list.