Yum gpg keys -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 11 03:42:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 09:14 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> for instance google took me to the following:
>
> ]# rpm --import http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-dries.txt
> error: http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/RPM-GPG-KEY-dries.txt: import read
> failed(-1).
> Segmentation fault
> Yet I can find the key as a text file at that address and could copy it
> if I could find where GPG keys are  filed.

Sounds like you might have been looking at a cached version.  Your
browser displayed what was cached, but RPM doesn't use your browser's
cache.

For future references, if you did save the file to your drive, you could
have done an rpm --import followed by the local path to the file.  It
doesn't have to import them from a web address.  The same applies to
importing keys from things like install CD- or DVD-ROMs.

e.g. rpm --import /media/cdrom/RPM-something-GPG-key

> Why is this so difficult?   Is it just me?

That one was actually easy.  Harder is when you get something from a
website, and it tells you to check it against the key, but doesn't
provide a link to the key, nor includes the key anywhere on the page,
and never names the key that you need to check against (so you can't
search for it).  Grr...

--
Test running FC6 & FC5, and still using FC4.
I delete all private mail, unseen.  I read from the list.