logwatch failing on mail to user

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Dec 11 07:42:23 UTC 2006

On Sun December 10 2006 11:48 pm, Tim wrote:
> define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.example.com')dnl
>
> Now, any mail that has to go out of your system to be delivered (i.e. is
> not local), will go through that SMTP server.  The "smart" part about it
> is supposed to be determining what goes out, and what it handles itself.
> Other configuration parameters of sendmail determine that.

OK - I forgot one thing. I get the following when I run the 'make' command
after changing the sendmail.mc file:

make -C /etc/mail
make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
WARNING: 'sendmail.mc' is modified. Please install package sendmail-cf to
update your configuration.
make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'

I'm not sure what it means. Specifically, what do they mean by 'install
package sendmail-cf'? Is that a command they are telling me to run? I guess
that would make sense, but if so, do I have to run that in a certain
directory? That word 'package' is throwing me off, because, presumably, I
already have that package installed...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA