Beware - NetworkManager

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Dec 11 17:20:30 UTC 2006

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:42:16 -0500
From: Gene Poole <Gene.Poole at fds.com>
Subject: Beware - NetworkManager
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
 >Beware - It seems that the first time you use NetworkManager it destroys
the contents of you resolv.conf (built at install time).  It also seems
that it doesn't make a backup copy first.

Well that does not seem to be the case here. The resolv.conf created by
NetworkManager (and labelled as such) on my laptop contains the same DNS
nameserver entries as the desktop, PLUS a third entry which only exists
on my router. So NetworkManager got it from there...

Geoff