logwatch failing on mail to user

George Arseneault george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 20:46:33 UTC 2006

--- Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> OK - I forgot one thing. I get the following when I
> run the 'make' command
> after changing the sendmail.mc file:
>
> make -C /etc/mail
> make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
> WARNING: 'sendmail.mc' is modified. Please install
> package sendmail-cf to
> update your configuration.
> make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'
>
> I'm not sure what it means. Specifically, what do
> they mean by 'install
> package sendmail-cf'? Is that a command they are
> telling me to run? I guess
> that would make sense, but if so, do I have to run
> that in a certain
> directory? That word 'package' is throwing me off,
> because, presumably, I
> already have that package installed...

According to the fedora 5 bible...
"Each time you reboot your computer or restart the
sendmail daemon (service sendmail restart), all
sendmail configuration files (including sendmail.mc)
are compiled into  database files that are ready to be
used by the sendmail server. You can also just rebuild
the databases without stopping the sendmail daemon
(including the /etc/aliases.db file) using the senmail
startup script. To simply rebuild the database type:

# /etc/init.d/sendmail reload"

hope that helps
George