Monitor destroyed by install

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net ols6000 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 03:17:41 UTC 2006

At 03:23 PM 12/11/2006, you wrote:
>If how FC6 destroyed your monitor is _not_ important, then what's the
>point posting about it? From a techies point of view, the how is the
>most important part.

You are right, from the point of view of those that are maintaining
Fedora, and I hope those techies can track down the problem and fix it.

I was, however, responding to those who were claiming that some piece
of hardware was at fault, rather than FC6. Although I cannot prove
that FC6 installation caused the monitor to fail, the circumstances
are such that any reasonable person would reach that conclusion, even
without being able explain the details.