GNOME local update

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:42:12 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Artur G. Sibagatullin <ArtSib at uniqueics.com> wrote:
> > > Cadence CAD program for development integrated circuits
> > > It don't work in FC6 even with hacking
> >
> > Artur, I recently moved house. But if I find my FC4 disc (assuming
> > that it still exists) would you like me to mail you a copy?
> Sorry, a copy of what? I have a copy of FC4 and FC6 disks.
> I understand that updating GNOME this way is impossible.
> Thanks for your help

You can update Gnome from disk, but you need the right disk. That
means using a FC4 disc, but if your FC4 was installed from disk then
there's no chance that the version on the disk is newer than your
installed version :)

What part of gnome do you want/need to upgrade? What features are you missing?

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/what_is_a_router.html
http://fedoratricks.com