WebCam System.

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Tue Dec 12 19:20:13 UTC 2006

Good lead. Thanks Mr. Tibbitts III, 'preciate it.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jason L Tibbitts III
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:15 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: WebCam System.

FM> My first thought is Fedora. Can someone post some ideas so I can
FM> recommend something it to them.

I can't recommend cameras, but I can recommend the free ZoneMinder software, which will talk to anything it can get an image from (USB cameras, cheap network webcams, high end Pan-Tilt-Zoom cameras, etc.)

I use it with a bunch of Axis cameras; I was dumb and shelled out for the nice ones with motion detection and such, when in the end ZoneMinder just grabs images from them and does all of the motion detection in software.

http://www.zoneminder.com

 - J<