FC6 equivalent to Windows System Restore

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 21:48:04 UTC 2006

Matt Morgan wrote:

[snip]

> On my home server, I set up a software RAID. So I'm protected from
> disk crash, but not really backed up. That's more or less OK, because
> we save our files locally, on our desktops, and only copy backups to
> the server (for this I use unison, which is probably another great
> tool for you to check out).

This does have a drawback, which I'm sure you have considered, but which
I'll mention here.

You are open to any disaster which could affect both your
RAID system and the server. If your server is at the same site,
then you have a vulnerability.

Having backups at more than one physical location is a good idea.
I store mine about 15 miles away.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.