mystery of formating evolution signatures.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 23:01:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 11:56 -0600, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > In what form do you have to put the signature file in evolution so
> it is
> > formatted properly when its displayed in the message.
> >
> > I have done mine somehow by trial and error but my method is very
> > screwy. There must be a better way. Does anyone know what it is?
>
> The regular static signatures that I have, I have put in via the Evo
> GUI. In looking at the files in ~/.evolution/signatures, they all
> appear
> to be normal text files, with regular line breaks, etc.
Well I have become more confused. I have two signatures (one defined
through the EVOL GUI. But all I have in .evolution/signatures is a file
called signature-0 which is empty.

So I guess more clarification is needed. In my experience evolution
ignores the cr I put in my signature file.
Brain off-line, please wait.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net