[Fwd: Re: mystery of formating evolution signatures. - a correction]

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 23:12:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 17:01 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 11:56 -0600, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> > Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > In what form do you have to put the signature file in evolution so
> > it is
> > > formatted properly when its displayed in the message.
> > >
> > > I have done mine somehow by trial and error but my method is very
> > > screwy. There must be a better way. Does anyone know what it is?
> >
> > The regular static signatures that I have, I have put in via the Evo
> > GUI. In looking at the files in ~/.evolution/signatures, they all
> > appear
> > to be normal text files, with regular line breaks, etc.
> Well I have become more confused. I have two signatures (one defined
> through the EVOL GUI. But all I have in .evolution/signatures is a file
> called signature-0 which is empty.
>
> So I guess more clarification is needed. In my experience evolution
> ignores the cr I put in my signature file.
I am sorry it was a script I set up through the GUI. Just setting up a
signature does result in a file in .evolution/signature.

It is the scripts I was having trouble with. But I will study your
script and will probably learn something valuable.
Thanks for the response.

Minicomputer: A computer that can be afforded on the budget of a
middle-level manager.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net