cpu overheating

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 13 00:59:51 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> > On 12/13/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> > I don't think your approach is idiotic, just seeminly unnecessary in
>> > this case, but again, feel free to suggest how I can get the data you
>> > require.
>>
>> We already have it. Sorry for the fuss.
>
> Apologoy accepted upon receipt of my symbolic Heineken in the mail.
>

>> > You may also be interested to know that in another thread some dude
>> > has claimed that FC6 destroyed his LCDs ability to report its
>> > capabilty to accept digital input...somehow that seemed more relevant
>> > when I began typing.
>>
>> I've seen that thread. I find it difficult to believe that FC6
>> acutally did any damage. Monitors since the EGA came out have
>> been protected against that. Furthermore, it's the flyback
>> which is prone to death. He seems to have an interface problem,
>> or so he claims.
>>
>> Mike
>
> He as also, supposedly unsuscribed from the list.

I think it was on the monitor with the DVI problem where the marbles
were picked up in midplay. It could be this thread too! I deleted quite
a bit of the postings.

If I read correctly, the OP for this thread is a regular here and has
posted before. He just has a problem with overheating or Linux programs
being overly stringent or getting the wrong information from the system.
It could be a physical limitation on the system.

Jim

--
Yo-yo operating system = WinNT: it goes up..., it goes down..., it goes...

    -- From a Slashdot.org post