CUPS: FC5 and older can't see printers shared by FC6

Manuel Monteiro nelo at astro.up.pt
Wed Dec 13 11:04:21 UTC 2006

FC3 did have cups printing... it's available at least since redhat 9!
I still have one old machine running RH9 sharing some printers which are
seen by all computers (FC3, FC5, FC6 and MacOS X).

I'm replacing this machine with a new one running FC6.
All computers are in the same network and as cups' browsing is enabled by
default nothing should be necessary.

Manuel