NTFS write problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 13 11:52:20 UTC 2006

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recompiled NTFS module with write support, and mounted my ntfs
> volume in 'rw'. But when I try to 'mkdir' I always have the error 'the
> filesystem is read-only'
>
> I USe a 2.6.18 kernel in x86_64 architecture.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Best regards

Try the ntfs-3g program. I tried it and it works great. You can get it
from a configured repository.
This program mounts the volume by invoking ntfs-3g /dev/<device>
/mnt/<mountpoint> and did not cause damage on my system when deleting
files from the ntfs volume.
Since you are using x86_64 architecture, I can only assume that your
arch is supported also with the program.

Jim
--
Surprise due today.  Also the rent.