CUPS: FC5 and older can't see printers shared by FC6

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Dec 14 01:45:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 12:10, Tim Waugh wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 17:05 +0000, Manuel Monteiro wrote:
>> One more thing...
>>
>> If I insert ServerName directive in client.conf on FC5 and FC3, CUPS
>> on these computers will be able to see shared printers by the
>> specified server (but not without the directive).
>
>What does 'grep BrowseAllow /etc/cups/cupsd.conf' say?
>
>Tim.

I'm not sure that BrowseAllow item applies here at all Tim.  I HAD to
compose and install a client.conf file on two systems so far, neither of
which could see the printers shared from this box until I did this.  They
didn't have a client.conf, either as an installable file, or as a
default.  Ubuntu based machines FWTW.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)