laptop and lcd projector

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Dec 14 07:49:42 UTC 2006

Amadeus W.M. a écrit :
> I'm desperately trying to get my laptop to display on an lcd projector,
> and I'm kinda able to do that, but I'm not quite there yet.
>
> The laptop is a son vaio VGN-S470P with a GeForceGo 6200 nvidia card.
> The projector is a Hitachi InFocus LP840-A which can do 1600x1200. The
> laptop can only do 1200x800.

Try this:

Section "ServerLayout"
       Identifier     "Default Layout"
       Screen      0  "Screen0"
      InputDevice    "Synaptics" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Device"
          Identifier  "Videocard0"
          Driver      "nvidia"
          VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
          BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600"
          Option      "TwinView" "on"
          Option      "MetaModes" "CRT-0: 1024x768,  DFP-0: 1024x768"
          Option      "HorizSync"   "CRT-0: 50-100;  DFP-0: 31.5-90"
          Option      "VertRefresh" "CRT-0: 60-120;  DFP-0: 60"
          Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
EndSection

IMPORTANT: in the above section CRT-0= video projector DFP-0= flat
laptop panel CHANGE the "HorizSync" and "VertRefresh" values to fit yours

You will have a mean resolution of 1024x768 on both (flatpanel and
projector)

Be careful that, with nvidia driver, as soon as you attach something to
the VGA plug, it is considered as CRT and becomes the first display.

On some laptop, you have to toggle some Fn-Fx keys BEFORE the nvidia
module is launched to get both display on panel and projector.

ALSO: make first a copy of your xorg.conf file.....

Suppress:

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique