How to configure wireless network card

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Dec 14 10:54:36 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 01:21, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > I don't have a Preferences item in my Start/f menu;
> > do most people?
> > (I'm running KDE, if that is relevant.)
>
> Ah, sorry.  I'm running GNOME.  But you should have a way to start tasks
> on login under the menus someplace.  You might also look at
> knetworkmanager.  It's an nm-applet workalike designed for KDE, and it's
> packaged in Extras.

Thanks, I found that (under Start=>System).
Clicking it creates an icon in my panel
almost but not quite identical to the icon created by nm-applet .
I'll see if I can replace one by the other.
(It's not obvious how,
as there seems no way to remove the nm-applet icon once it is there.)

I'm sure there is a way under KDE to start tasks on login,
but I haven't found it yet!

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366