Viewing redhat lists in a nice threaded way ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 14 13:42:43 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 12:08 +1100, David Timms wrote:
>> Is there some other web based viewer of the redhat lists, that
>> presents it more like an email client such as thunderbird - ie
>> panes/frames for lists|threads|thread structure|bodies ?
>
> I think that if you subscribed to the mailing list using gmail that you
> could use gmail in the manner that you want.  I don't use gmail, but I
> believe that it uses a similar interface to google groups.
Tim: OK, thanks, I'll have to give gmail a whirl.
monty19, Gilboa: thanks, I hadn't found gmane. it has a nice enough
interface, once you work out the mail-list to group name that they generate:
eg: fedora-directory-users at redhat.com becomes:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.directory.user

Down the bottom they have the - On the web, using frames and threads.
option.
This is pretty much what I was hoping for. It is a bit tricky to get
back the list of threads after you have searched and found a specific
message thread though.

Definitely better than subscribing to n additional lists, with thousands
of messages per month, and I can search past threads :-)

DaveT.