Public keys - again.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 15:55:00 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 14:04, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 11:12 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Realising that I hadn't installed lshw since I installed FC6, I tried to
> > get it today and came up once again against the public key problem.  I'll
> > never get the hang of this :-(  I followed the link on freshrpm's web
> > page and saved the file, then ran 'rpm --import path/to/file' which
> > appeared to put it into the right place, but still the package wouldn't
> > install because it said there was no public key.  Wondering whether the
> > problem was because something was broken in my repo setup - out of date,
> > perhaps - I removed the repo and reinstalled it.  Still no joy.  Just
> > what is it that I have forgotten?
>
> ----
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-*

I don't know, Craig.  Is it?  Since the web page said RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms I
tried

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms

which appeared to be accepted, but still I get

Public key for lshw-2.09-1.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed

despite

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1396 Dec 14
15:47 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms

Is rpmforge a later version of freshrpms?  If so, I'll have to look again for
the release.rpm and key file for that.

Anne