My daily Anacron error

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Fri Dec 15 01:49:31 UTC 2006

Thomas Springer wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 15.12.2006, 08:36 +0800 schrieb Hadders:
>
>> Hi all,
>>    I get this everyday, not sure why? Or where to look to try and fathom it.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
>> Thanks
>>

>> /etc/cron.daily/0anacron:
>>
>> anacron: Cannot run - another anacron process is already running.: Resource deadlock avoided
>>

> I guess you aren't using the latest version of anacron.
>
> $ rpm -q anacron
> anacron-2.3-42.fc5

Actually, just after posting this I thought, duh! I should do an update.
So I did and now I am use 2.3.42.

Thanks for the other tips. Yes, it is a service at runlevel 345 and it's
also an entry in /etc/cron.daily/0anacron
I would guess shutting it down as a service and running it from cron is
the best approach?