How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 03:13:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 02:30, Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 11:48 PM +0000 12/14/06, John Bowden wrote:
>
> >I have installed dmidecode and lshw through the package manager with out
> > any error messages. I tried to run them from a terminal as a user and
> > root but get the same message "no such command". Checked it was installed
> > by doing a search in the package manager with the all radio button
> > checked and they are installed. What am I doing wrong?
>
> How did you become root?  If you use "su -", you will get root's
> environment, including the path; if you use "su" you keep your current
> environment.  /sbin isn't on a normal user's path.
Ah I did not know that. You learn something new every day!

> To find where a packages files are, use "rpm -ql <packagename>".  (That's a
> small L.)  Once you know where the file is, you can run it by full path.
> --
> TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>
>       '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>
Will have a go tomorrow, er later  today. The match sticks holding my eyes
open just snapped so I shut the fc6 box down ready to hit the sack.
Thanks john
--
registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Fawkes the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and