FC5 picks up my USB Camera not sound

Hadders fedora at workingwithit.com
Fri Dec 15 03:35:12 UTC 2006

Hadders wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I've got a problem where sometimes FC5 picks up my USB Camera with
> mic and not my Soundcard.
>
> It means I can't play any audio, because alsamixer thinks the sound
> device is the USB camera.
> How do I change that ordering? What info can I provide and from where
> to help with this?
>
> Thanks

A quick look at lsmod shows (cut down)

snd_pcm                88005  4
snd_usb_audio,snd_emu10k1,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_hwdep              14149  3 snd_emux_synth,snd_usb_audio,snd_emu10k1
snd                    59973  18
snd_emux_synth,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_usb_audio,snd_emu10k1,

I'm thinking snd_pcm is important, but the usb_audio is ahead of the emu10k1

Not sure what to do..