Public keys - again.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 09:52:13 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 09:17, David Timms wrote:

> - firefox freshrpms.net
> - click on: The easiest way to install freshrpms.net packages is to
> "click here".
> - Let it open in software installer, or if you have defaulted to save to
> disk, save it and then click on the resulting rpm {opening in software
> installer}
> - click OK.
> - site can not be confirmed: do you want to install ? yes.
> This gets the -release installed and the rpm key imported.
> - pirut
> - search eg ipw2200-firmware
> - click the checkbox to add, OK.
> - done :)
>
> If no gui available then from memory the following just works, whereas
> yum wont autoimport the key:
> # rpm -Uvh
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/freshrpms-release/fre
>shrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

Dave, I've no idea what is going on here.

        package freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc is already installed

I tried editing /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo to 'gpgcheck=0' - much as I
dislike doing this - but I still got the 'no public key' message.  As you
see, the release rpm is installed, and so
does /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms

I used freshrpms under FC4 without problems, but when I decided to make livna
my main third-party repo in FC6 I didn't set up freshrpms.  This is the first
time I've tried them since FC6's install.

Anne