How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:06:47 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, John Bowden <john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> games tying to install it on second drive. I'm using the KDE window manager
> and would like to know how to see what hardware FC6 has found and configured.

Well if I understand you correctly, my suggestion would be to use
kudzu (/usr/sbin/kudzu).  Run it with the -p option to simply probe
and report back what hardware it sees (which would be the hardware it
would have seen at bootup presumably unless you changed something
after boot).  Although when I ran kudzu it did result in an entry in
/var/log/messages "obsolete kudzu ddcProbe called".  But it
nevertheless did report the hardware back to STDOUT.

Also dmesg at the command line will give you info on hardware (and
lots of other stuff of course).

And lshal might do what you want (although not as certain about that one).

Jacques B.