How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 16:52:56 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 13:03, Alessandro Brezzi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2006/12/15, Jacques B. <jjrboucher at gmail.com>:
> > On 12/13/06, John Bowden <john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Also dmesg at the command line will give you info on hardware (and
> > lots of other stuff of course).
> >
> > And lshal might do what you want (although not as certain about that
> > one).
> >
> > Jacques B.
>
> this not give an answer to the original post: where is gone the Hardware
> Browser in FC6?
>
> TIA
I must have done something right as I now have the hardware browser in
the "system menu". Stand by your bunks for some more getting hardware working
questions ;-) Already posted one concerning my usb tv box but thats another
thread. Will have a go at one of the previous post's advice on getting lshw
and dmidecode to run. I think you cant have too much hardware info when
trying to get something to work. Is there a hardware compatibility list for
FC6?
--
registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Fawkes the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and