sdtv reception

Roger Heflin rheflin at atipa.com
Fri Dec 15 19:44:12 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

> I didn't try that exact syntax, but tried to SIGKILL with htop, and kill
> 24973 and killall kdetv and killall 24973.  None of which worked.
>

>> use signal 9 with caution but it would seem that in this case, it might
>> be useful.
>
> I'll try that again if I try kdetv again.  I did reboot to 2.6.20-rc1, and
> kdetv worked but I didn't try to configure it further.
>
> I did dbl-chk the tx, its on, and only 3 miles away with 200 watts average
> power, so I really should be able to see it IF I can get the darned card
> into some sort of an ATSC mode.  I have enough signal from ch5 that its
> crossmodding on several other channels, as its 100KW ERP & the same 3
> miles away.  But ch6, the digital, seems undetected.
>
>> Craig

There is a package that should be downloadable off of the ATSC
card makers web site.   The package includes some signal checking
commands and getatsc which will grab an atsc signal that you can
then look at with mplayer or other simliar tools.

This was how I make sure I was getting stuff with my 5500
card before I setup mythtv to use it.

                             Roger