AverTV DVB T USB2

John Bowden john.bowden43 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 22:58:14 UTC 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 01:44, John Bowden wrote:
> Any hardware gurus out there? How Do I get my AverTV DVB T USB2 working.
> Checked the hardware browser and it seems to see it as a Avertv 800 and
> loads the dvb-usb-a800 driver. The blue light on the usb tv box does not
> come on and none of the tv programs, such as TVTime or Kdetv see any input.
> Regards John
> --
> registered Linux user number 414240
> Guy Fawkes the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions
> and he was going to blow them up !
Been tinkering around with this. dmesg shows this out put
<snip>
dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file. (dvb-usb-avertv-a800-02.fw)
Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on
firmware-problems. (-2)
dvb_usb_a800: probe of 3-4:1.0 failed with error -2
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_a800
<snip>
Now I have the manufacturers windoz driver disk. What would the firmware file
look like, (file extension?) and if its not on the disk where can I find it?
How do I tell FC to load it preferably automatically at boot. Though I would
all so like to know how to do it manually so I can test it without rebooting
while I fix this. Also where can I find linux/Documentation/dvb/ would it be
on my hard drive or on Red Hats website?