Javascript fails

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 16 05:17:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 11:53 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [root at coyote ~]# rpm -q js
> js-1.5-6.fc6
>
> Is this not the correct javascript package?

Dunno what that is (I don't have it), but it's nothing to do with
Firefox's JavaScript.

If you have JavaScript enabled in a browser, and something says it
isn't.  It's often something else:  e.g. The site's done a dumb check,
and tried set a cookie with JavaScript then reports you don't have it
enabled if it didn't succeed (with no thought as to what actually didn't
work).

You can always try the Windows trick:  Unset the option, close the
preferences, perhaps quit and restart the program, open the preferences
and reset the option.  I don't know if Firefox is programmed that badly.