Java problem

Avi Schwartz fedora3509 at cfftechnologies.com
Sat Dec 16 21:41:41 UTC 2006

Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have gcj installed on my box as well as the official Sun Java SDK. I
> can compile happily using javac, but when it comes to running, it looks
> like libgcj is getting in the way.
>
> Besides removing gcj, is there any way to get around this problem?

Hi Paul,

You didn't mention how you installed the Sun's JDK, but in order to get
different versions of the JDK working properly in FC it is not enough to
just install the Sun JDK.  I recommend you take a look at the link at
the end of this email.  This step-by-step explanation how to install JDK
1.5 helped me get the Sun JDK installed properly.  One little addition
to this article:  If you want to install version 1.6 of the JDK, you
will need to install the java-1.6.0-sun-compat-1.6.0-1jpp.i586.rpm which
is in the Jpackage version 1.7 repository (see
http://www.jpackage.org/browser/browse.php?jppversion=1.7).

http://ccl.net/cca/software/SOURCES/JAVA/JSDK-1.5/index.shtml

Avi