Why doesn't Fedora include gksudo/gksu as a package

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Dec 16 23:41:14 UTC 2006

Hi;

It is now working like a charm.  Wish someone would add this info to
zenity help or FAQ.

"Comment out the line which has 'requiretty' on it in the /etc/sudoers
file and your problem will go away."

> Hi;
>
> Trying to get zenity to work as a substitute for gksudo.  It won't when
> launched from a desktop launcher or nautilus script. (For details either
> see an earlier post from me, or ask and I will re-post the details)

A week later I have the answer quoted above from the list here.  See the
following thread from this Fedora list.
                              From:
Edward Diener
<eldiener at tropicsoft.com>