YUM update dies with confict between poppler-utils andxpdf-utils

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Tue Dec 19 03:35:09 UTC 2006

I'm getting conflicts between xpdf-utils and poppler-utils again...

I don't understand why such simple problems keep occuring -- surely
even rudimentary testing of updates on an "everything installed"
box should spot this kind of conflict?

(I'd love to be able to ditch xpdf, but until evince is fixed so
it doesn't insist on starting up with a tiny window that has to be
resized, and it doesn't regularly die and eat all my memory, that's
not possible.)

Danny.